Sunday, July 26, 2009

Dottie's post

Dottie left a message saying that I won the flowers in Memory of her Mother's Birthday today. When I read that post tears came to my eyes. What I wouldn't give to have a relationship with my Mother. What is even sadder is my Mother is alive. I have written several times on here about how my Mother doesn't like me and to this day other than having married a man who isn't of her religion I haven't a clue as to why she will not have anything to do with me.
I have sent her emails, have sent her pictures but to no avail. She actually changed her phone number so that I couldn't contact her. Now there are always two sides to every story and I know that. I would love to hear what she thinks I may or may not have done but alas she won't even talk to me.
I don't know I guess I don't understand how you can just toss your children aside. Okay I get it I am not 20 years old I am almost 50 and she is almost 70 so...... wouldn't you think she would try to help fix whatever it is I have done or not done.
If fixing it means I have to live the way she wants then I guess it will never get fixed. Prejudice is such a sad thing and thank god I took after my Grandparents who were not prejudice .

2 comments:

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Hi Veronica:
STOP driving yourself crazy over your Mother. A real Mom would never turn her back on her child, My hubby's Mom did the same to him because a Republican mayor married us. But it was her loss. As he found out many terrible things about her and all the lies she was a cruel person. So Please just let it go just keep it in your mind that she is dead and don't let her hurt you, She is winning if you do. you have a wonderful husband and she is jealous of all that you have and have done with your life.
Stop beating your self up if it would make you feel better sit down write her a long letter tell her exactly how you feel if she answers fine if not then just forget her. and don't look back.
you have many people that love you don't let her destroy you. She is old enough to know there is only one GOD not what church you go to or what day of the week you go. She is so wrong again her loss your a wonderful person. but please let her God before you destroy your self.
~ God Bless ~
Hugs o)
♥ ♥ ♥
Dottie

Unknown said...

Your post makes me so sad. As someone that lost my daughter two years ago, I can't imagine turning my back on my daughter. I can only say that although your mother may have her reasons, they have nothing to do with you. They are HER reasons. Don't ever think that you are to blame for her actions. You are worthy of love...as you well know because you have a beautiful relationship with your husband. Maybe someday your Mom's heart will soften, I hope for her sake it will. Just send good thoughts her way...she needs them.

XO Karen