Monday, January 14, 2008

Please be patient

So, today I went to Michael's to find my canvas for my Tim Holtz canvas thingy I am doing. I had no idea that unprimed natural canvases would be like a major hunt.... WHERE DO YOU FIND THEM? They had some that were primed with oil, guesso, and acrylic and some musuem that were 20.00 bucks each but still not unprimed. oy vey
So, I bought the cheapy ones 3.99 cents for three and will figure it out some way. My little bitty hinges were .99 cents and I am going to sweet talk Big Daddy into using the dremel to put them in for me tomorrow.
I also bought my 4x6 canvas for my ultra secret squirrel thingy not saying what it is yet but it will be BIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh and Toni, I need a cute picture of Miss C for her secret squirrel thing too. Tell Cam or is it Chris to take a picture of C smiling but not too big of a smile maybe just a grin. Can't tell you yet what it is but C and C will love love love it. Something BD did when our girls were little that made them smile and I really think they will love it
okay off to work on Mr. Tim Holtz and to work some on Miss C's secret thingy.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Veronica are you making the little Mona Lisa book that Tim teaches?

I took this class with him about a year and half ago and I agree the price for those tiny canvases are way out of line. I really did enjoy him as a teacher,I must have we drove about 6 hours and stayed 3 days there so I could take his class.

I live in the boonies so we travel for alot of things.

Hope you enjoy making what ever it is you are working on.

Veronica said...

OH Denise, thank you so much for the post... Nope not making those however humm sounds great.
Do you have the video by Tim called the Journey continues? The canvas he makes in the next to last entry is the one I am doing. It just won't work I have tried all night to get the distressed ink to dry but on the primed canvas it will not dry.
I guess I am just going to have to bite the bullet and buy the canvas.
I would also have driven that far to take a class from TIM you lucky girl.... Is he as friendly in real life as he is on the video?
Thank you again for the post
Veronica

Anonymous said...

Yes I do have both of Tims DVD's. I will have to check out what you are working on.

I do remember him telling us in class that we would have to buy the right canvases or it wouldn't work.

Oh that guy has a wicked funny sense of humor. I like that he loves woman and is so nice. What a talent he is,he makes everything look so easy,only wish it was when you try and do it later by yourself.

Veronica said...

Yep, that is what I am learning. Actually I sprayed the canvas with a fixitive and it is working somewhat. The colors are not as intense as his but at least I have it working. The wax also sits on top instead of seaping into the canvas but I will get it to work somehow. I would love to meet tim woo hoo

Toni said...

Ladies, ladies, I have dibs on Mr. Tim, let it be known forthwith!

(I need to see these videos. Who sells them?)

Denise S. said...

the videos are made by page sage productions and are available at amazon.com

Veronica said...

I got mine directly from Tim..lol he even autographs them it says enjoy your journey tim...

lol or maybe it says love tim hahahaha

okay ladies here is an update.
the hinges I bought Not big enough so I am doing them individually I just wish the colors were not so muddy.

Anonymous said...

免費視訊聊天,辣妹視訊,視訊交友網,美女視訊,視訊交友,視訊交友90739,成人聊天室,視訊聊天室,視訊聊天,視訊聊天室,情色視訊,情人視訊網,視訊美女,一葉情貼圖片區,免費視訊聊天室,免費視訊,ut聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,影音視訊聊天室

威而柔,自慰套,自慰套,SM,充氣娃娃,充氣娃娃,潤滑液,飛機杯,按摩棒,跳蛋,性感睡衣,威而柔,自慰套,自慰套,SM,充氣娃娃,充氣娃娃,潤滑液,飛機杯,按摩棒,跳蛋,性感睡衣
情惑用品性易購,情侶歡愉用品

色情遊戲,寄情築園小遊戲,情色文學,一葉情貼圖片區,情惑用品性易購,情人視訊網,辣妹視訊,情色交友,成人論壇,情色論壇,愛情公寓,情色,舊情人,情色貼圖,色情聊天室,色情小說,做愛,做愛影片,性愛

情惑用品性易購,aio交友愛情館,一葉情貼圖片區,情趣用品

辣妹視訊,美女視訊,視訊交友網,視訊聊天室,視訊交友,視訊美女,免費視訊,免費視訊聊天,視訊交友90739,免費視訊聊天室,成人聊天室,視訊聊天,視訊交友aooyy,哈啦聊天室,辣妺視訊

A片,色情A片,視訊

網拍設計
,網頁設計,徵信社,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣