Wednesday, April 30, 2008

At least I wasn't chewing gum

What a day? Let me say that again....What a day
First off I am walking in the parking lot and my feet missed the speed bump so guess who went down? ME ME ME
Broke my glasses, bruised (update hairline fracture) on those two ribs and needed two stiches but I opted for Steri STrips othewise I would have a scar to match my other one.
But hey at least I wasn't chewing gum at the time. The Dr. said I would be in severe pain for two weeks at a minimum not for the head but the ribs. How stupid am I?????
I so wanted to come home tonight and work on my altered book but instead I will be nursing two ribs and popping pain pills.

oiy vey

4 comments:

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Oh no! Veronica! How awful! Are you okay? Were you all alone? Did someone help you? Broken glasses? Needing stitches and bruised ribs? Wowza! You must have fallen super hard! Hope you get to feeling better soon. ((((hugs)))) Jane

Toni said...

Veronica left out the part where she was walking with two bank reps and one of them looked like George Clooney -- I think tripping over a speed bump under such circumstances is quite forgivable! ... sweetness, you had better be on your backside in an R&R position today, & letting Big Daddy serve you, y'hear?

Jenn said...

Oh my goodness...ouch!!! I hope you are doing better. That must have been some fall for you to bruise two ribs!!!! Well I hope you are relaxing and in no pain.

Take care of yourself!!!
Jenn

erica said...

Oh my gosh! I hope you are okay! That is awful. George Clooney humm? Well, that would make anyone miss a few steps...lol. I hope you feel better soon! I have heard bruised ribs are HARD to heal and PAINFUL! Just rest, and relax!
Hugs!