Thursday, August 5, 2010

The big 50 came in like a lion but went out like a lamb

My birthday was super quiet this year. Since moving to the outer banks of North Carolina I haven't made any friends here. I didn't let many people know it was my birthday until the day of my birthday so very few folks at work even knew it was yesterday.
Rick as always put money into my mad money account for my art supplies which by the way are never ending.
And of course we are taking the baltic sea cruise for our anniversary and my birthday..... but he always gave me this.
They are two books printed from his online journal ( blog) somewhere he found this online source that can take your blog and make it into a coffee table book. He had the first year of his blog made into two volumes. These are high quality books that are amazing.
The reason why he started his online blog was to write down his thoughts and feelings. Since finding out he has mast cell. We never know how long he has ( but then who does)
He wanted to make sure I wouldn't forget the fabulous time we have had together. I sobbed like a baby when I opened this.
Volume one is when we were in Canada and I caught my first muskie fish..... volume two is rick's favorite picture he took in alaska.
I have received pearls, diamonds, gems, high priced electronics and many more things from Rick for my birthday but these two books are the very best gifts I have ever received
if you want to ever read something that will bring tears to your eyes go read his blog...it is over there on the right hand side..... life through my eyes. ricks blog





1 comment:

Majo said...

I have been following him for quite some time now, so I can imagine what it must be like to receive a book with all the thoughts he has captured on his blog. What an amazing gift to give, you are really blessed and loved dear Sis.