Friday, March 6, 2009

A little bit of the past

So, driving home last night from D.C. I found a radio station that was playing nothing but songs from the 70's and 80's. Not to say exactly how old I am.... but I am older. So, I found some of the songs that just instantly take you back to the days of high school, proms, first dates, picnics, saddie hawkins dances, football games, breakups from those first loves. etc and added just a few to my music player.
So, pop on over and take a look at what songs were playing when I was young. I would love to visit your blogs and see what songs were popular when you were young.

4 comments:

Barbra Joan said...

Solsbury Hill? I'm more like Blueberry Hill.... Fats Domino..oh yeah, we're talking oldies girl.

pinkglitterfae said...

I loved Fleetwood Mac and Heart when I was young, and still do. My faves are music from the 50's, 60's and 70's. Your playlist brings back memories :-)

happemom_nv said...

Hey girlfriend (that's what call elf...eryone...lol...I'd venture to say you's bout my age...uhmmmmm, I'm all over the board with the music in what I like...DC5, Moody Blues, Roy Orbison, Sam Cooke, Gene Pitney, Turtles, boy, I'm really having to rack my brain...lol...Simon & Garfunkel, The Righteous Brothers, The Lettermen, Carly Simon, Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac, Kenny Rogers/Ist Edition, Hall & Oates, Donna Summers, most all Motown,...Petula Clark, today's techno, trance, indie and so on...guess I could go on and on...:D

Unknown said...

Me too! I was there when it all started. I remember the 1st time Elvis was on the Ed Sullivan show (from the waist UP, of course) and I said "I WANT that MAN! I have all the oldies and love them. I am particularly fond of the 70's to the 80's. Hate today's music, perhaps it's a generational thing or maybe it really is awfal. Tiffiny