Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The big day is tomorrow

This birthday is really a hard one for me. It means I have hit my golden years. 50......
Wow, if I am lucky I am 65% through with my life. I have lived now on the earth longer than I will going forward.
It is a really hard birthday. I didn't think this would be that hard. I always thought turning 50 would be a badge of honor but then I look at all these women in their 30's and 40's and I think slow down now for it comes quickly
Yes I am scared, yes I am dreading it and yes I know what the alternative would be....if I didn't turn 50. So, yes I know I should just shut my mouth and be happy that I am turning 50..... easier said than done.
So, if god allows tomorrow I will wake up at 4:45 a.m. head off to work and then it will hit me.......today I am 50.

4 comments:

Barbra Joan said...

OMG ! You are ancient..!!! Happy Birthday my friend.
love Barbra Joan

Tante Käthe said...

Don't worry Sis, I have been there and I was a lot more afraid when I hit 40 than the last 'round' one ;)

Have a wonderful Birthday, I'll be thinking of you!

Love
Majo

敬周喜 said...

Learning makes a good man better and ill man worse.............................................................

Judy said...

Happy Birthday! 50 is wonderful! Really! Women can really come into their powerful self between age 50 and 60! Live it up.